We all know that exercise is beneficial for our physical health. But, do you know that regular exercise can also help you with your mental health? Yes, you got that right. Exercise can boost your mood, help you sleep well, increase your concentration power, and fuel up your mind to fight depression, and other mental health conditions. Exercise is more than increasing the size of your muscle. People who exercise regularly know that, and it is what drives them to set aside some time, no matter how busy they are, for physical activity.
As a psychiatrist in Bhopal, we would like to let you know that, regular exercise fills a person with a sense of well-being. Such a person remains energetic throughout the day, sleep well at night, stay positive, and have great memory power. Regular exercise also helps to keep some of the common mental health disorders at bay, including depression. Regardless of your age, gender, or fitness level, you can utilize the advantages of exercise to combat many mental health disorders.
Exercise plays a great role when it comes to fighting mental health conditions like depression. It also de-stresses a person, increases their confidence, and uplifts their mood. And, above all, you are not required to be a fitness maniac to reap the advantages of exercise. Regular exercise of 30 minutes is more than enough to avail of all its advantages. You must know that even a moderate level of regular exercise can make a huge difference in your life.
Researches have been conducted in abundance to discover the relationship between exercise and depression throughout the globe. And, most of them have suggested that exercise is as effective as anti-depressant medications when it comes to treating mild to moderate levels of depression and without any side-effects. Not so long back, it was revealed in a study that, running for 15 minutes daily or walking for 30 minutes can reduce the probability of being affected by depression by 25%.
We hope that above said things would motivate you to include exercise in your daily life. You do have to spend long hours in the gym or carry out a heavy exercise to reap the advantages of it. Simply, get yourself involved in any sort of physical activity that you like in the starting. If you have any inquiries, do not hesitate to get in touch with us.
- Latest Posts
- Link between Physical Exercise & Mental Health: An Insight from a Psychiatrist in Bhopal
- The Importance of Self-Care for Mental Health: An Insight from a Psychiatrist in Bhopal
- Addressing the Stigma Surrounding Mental Illness in Bhopal
- Choosing the Right Psychiatrist in Bhopal: A Guide for Patients
- Self Care for Mental Health: Tips and Techniques for Prioritizing Your Well-Being
- Top 6 Tips to Get Rid Of Drug Addiction
- How to Talk to Kids about Anxiety?
- How Can I Best Help My Child Manage His ADHD?
- How to Prevent Suicide in Your Teenage Child?
- How Exercise Affects Our Minds?
- 5 Damaging Myths about Personality Disorders
- What are Body-Focused Repetitive Behaviors?
- Top 8 Effective Ways to Overcome Body Image Issues
- 7 Behaviors That Might Point to Childhood Emotional Neglect
- How to Help Students Who Are Suffering from Mental Health Issues?
- 5 Easy Ways to Build a Positive Self-Esteem
- What Is the Relationship Between Sleeping and Sex?
- How to Make Monday Fun?
- 7 Signs Your Anxiety May Be More Serious Than You Think
- 8 Most Effective Ways to Prevent Suicide