Teens and suicide are two words that don’t need any introduction. There are hundreds of blogs written on this topic, but most of them are just a mere collection of data.
Suicide is a very painful subject. We feel depressed and sad when someone commits suicide but what is even worse is that it is a common thing among teens.
According to a study conducted by the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) in 2016, 2.8% of teenagers aged 12 to 17 were diagnosed with a mental health disorder. According to NIMH, a person who was suffering from a mental disorder had a higher chance of committing suicide.
It is very important to note that teenagers are more prone to suicide than adults. It is because teenagers are more emotional, sensitive and unstable than adults.
Here are some tips that will help you to prevent suicide in your teenager.
Talk to them
Talking to your child will help you to understand the problem. A few words can save a life. If your kid is suffering from depression, then you should talk to him. He may be suffering from depression or you may notice some signs that indicate suicide in him.
Find a place for your kid
Teenagers are very emotional, so you need to keep them in a safe environment. Do not keep them in your room. It will make them more vulnerable. If your teenager is in a good mood, then you can keep him in your room. If he is sad and feeling low, then you need to take him out of the room.
Create a safe environment
A kid who is suffering from depression will never feel safe. So, if you don’t create a safe environment for them, then they will not be able to live a normal life.
You need to understand that your kid is in a bad situation. There is nothing wrong in getting help. You can take your teenager to a Bhopal psychiatrist or you can consult a counselor or you can even go for therapy.
Suicide is a major problem in our society. We don’t know how many people are affected by it. But we can always try to prevent suicide. So, keep yourself informed and aware of the issue of suicide.
If you are worried about your child, then you need to talk to him. If you don’t talk to him, then you will never know what is going on in his mind.
- Latest Posts
- Link between Physical Exercise & Mental Health: An Insight from a Psychiatrist in Bhopal
- The Importance of Self-Care for Mental Health: An Insight from a Psychiatrist in Bhopal
- Addressing the Stigma Surrounding Mental Illness in Bhopal
- Choosing the Right Psychiatrist in Bhopal: A Guide for Patients
- Self Care for Mental Health: Tips and Techniques for Prioritizing Your Well-Being
- Top 6 Tips to Get Rid Of Drug Addiction
- How to Talk to Kids about Anxiety?
- How Can I Best Help My Child Manage His ADHD?
- How to Prevent Suicide in Your Teenage Child?
- How Exercise Affects Our Minds?
- 5 Damaging Myths about Personality Disorders
- What are Body-Focused Repetitive Behaviors?
- Top 8 Effective Ways to Overcome Body Image Issues
- 7 Behaviors That Might Point to Childhood Emotional Neglect
- How to Help Students Who Are Suffering from Mental Health Issues?
- 5 Easy Ways to Build a Positive Self-Esteem
- What Is the Relationship Between Sleeping and Sex?
- How to Make Monday Fun?
- 7 Signs Your Anxiety May Be More Serious Than You Think
- 8 Most Effective Ways to Prevent Suicide