Most of the parents will notice that their kids are sad; they will notice it in their face and body language. Parents may take their child to the doctor or they may take them to a psychologist or counselor. But sometimes the parents might not realize the seriousness of their child’s problem.
Some kids might suffer from mild to moderate depression. There are some kids who don’t talk to anyone and some kids become aggressive due to their mood swings. When the children are suffering from severe depression they may have suicidal thoughts, low self-esteem and no interest to do anything.
The symptoms of depression are like:
- Sleeping more than usual
- Lack of concentration
- Mood swings
- Not wanting to go to school or college
- Talking less and laughing less
- Suicidal thoughts
- Not being able to concentrate
Depression can be diagnosed at an early age and the doctors can help the parents to know the signs and symptoms.
So, if your child is suffering from any of the above mentioned symptoms then you need to take him or her to a pediatrician. The pediatrician will recommend the best treatment for your child. The treatment will be according to the severity of the problem.
There are two types of depression that children can suffer from.
- Major depression
- Minor depression
Major depression is when the child is not interested in anything; he or she is constantly thinking and crying. Major depression can also be called as clinical depression.
Minor depression is when the kid is having some issues in his or her life, like getting bullied, failing in school, or a divorce in the family.
If the child is suffering from depression then the child psychiatrist in Bhopal will suggest the following:
- Talk therapy
- School counseling
If your child is suffering from depression then you need to take him or her to a psychiatrist for further investigation.
So, it is very important to know the signs of depression in children. By knowing these symptoms, the parents can take their children to a doctor as soon as possible.
- Latest Posts
- Link between Physical Exercise & Mental Health: An Insight from a Psychiatrist in Bhopal
- The Importance of Self-Care for Mental Health: An Insight from a Psychiatrist in Bhopal
- Addressing the Stigma Surrounding Mental Illness in Bhopal
- Choosing the Right Psychiatrist in Bhopal: A Guide for Patients
- Self Care for Mental Health: Tips and Techniques for Prioritizing Your Well-Being
- Top 6 Tips to Get Rid Of Drug Addiction
- How to Talk to Kids about Anxiety?
- How Can I Best Help My Child Manage His ADHD?
- How to Prevent Suicide in Your Teenage Child?
- How Exercise Affects Our Minds?
- 5 Damaging Myths about Personality Disorders
- What are Body-Focused Repetitive Behaviors?
- Top 8 Effective Ways to Overcome Body Image Issues
- 7 Behaviors That Might Point to Childhood Emotional Neglect
- How to Help Students Who Are Suffering from Mental Health Issues?
- 5 Easy Ways to Build a Positive Self-Esteem
- What Is the Relationship Between Sleeping and Sex?
- How to Make Monday Fun?
- 7 Signs Your Anxiety May Be More Serious Than You Think
- 8 Most Effective Ways to Prevent Suicide