Suicide is one of the leading causes of death among people between the age of 15 and 29 years. According to a survey conducted by the World Health Organization (WHO), more than 800,000 people commit suicide worldwide each year.
A recent study revealed that most of the young adults who commit suicide have mental disorders, such as depression. But why do young adults commit suicide?
What Causes Suicidality in Young Adults?
If you are a young adult and looking to get answers to the question “What causes suicidality in young adults?”, then you are at the right place. As a psychiatrist in Bhopal, I am going to share with you some of the most common causes of suicidal thoughts and behavior in young adults.
It is a common thing that parents often forget to provide support to their children when they are going through a tough time. Sometimes, parents will even create problems for their children because of their own problems.
Lack of Confidence
It is quite possible that a young adult has lost his or her confidence in the field of life. There are many reasons which lead to the loss of confidence, including failure in education, bad grades, bad performance in sports and bad relationships.
It is a very sad thing that bullying is one of the most common reasons of suicidal thoughts and behaviors in young adults. Bullying is not only a social issue but it is also a psychological issue.
If you are a young adult and you are addicted to drugs then you will have to suffer from several diseases.
It is quite possible that your job is the main reason of your suicidal thoughts and behaviors. If you are working as a clerk in a company and your boss is not providing you any benefits or incentives then you will be facing the risk of committing suicide.
If you are addicted to drugs, then you will have to suffer from many mental disorders.
If you are a young adult and you are feeling lonely and your friends are not supporting you in this situation, then you will have to face several problems.
It is a very painful thing that a person is committing suicide. But if you are a young adult and you are facing any of these factors then you will have to try to get rid of these problems.
- Latest Posts
- Link between Physical Exercise & Mental Health: An Insight from a Psychiatrist in Bhopal
- The Importance of Self-Care for Mental Health: An Insight from a Psychiatrist in Bhopal
- Addressing the Stigma Surrounding Mental Illness in Bhopal
- Choosing the Right Psychiatrist in Bhopal: A Guide for Patients
- Self Care for Mental Health: Tips and Techniques for Prioritizing Your Well-Being
- Top 6 Tips to Get Rid Of Drug Addiction
- How to Talk to Kids about Anxiety?
- How Can I Best Help My Child Manage His ADHD?
- How to Prevent Suicide in Your Teenage Child?
- How Exercise Affects Our Minds?
- 5 Damaging Myths about Personality Disorders
- What are Body-Focused Repetitive Behaviors?
- Top 8 Effective Ways to Overcome Body Image Issues
- 7 Behaviors That Might Point to Childhood Emotional Neglect
- How to Help Students Who Are Suffering from Mental Health Issues?
- 5 Easy Ways to Build a Positive Self-Esteem
- What Is the Relationship Between Sleeping and Sex?
- How to Make Monday Fun?
- 7 Signs Your Anxiety May Be More Serious Than You Think
- 8 Most Effective Ways to Prevent Suicide