Anger is a negative emotion. It is the feeling of rage or anger and hatred towards someone or something. This emotion is very difficult to control and if not managed properly it can lead to physical and mental illness.
You may have faced the anger many times in your life. Some people will get angry at their kids, parents, boss or even friends and they don’t know how to deal with it. There are certain things that you need to know to deal with anger.
Know the reason behind the anger
There are two types of anger, one is situational and the other is internal. When a person gets angry at the situation, it is called situational anger. You might be angry because you got the lowest score in the exam, because you got fired from your job, or because you lost a competition.
If you get angry for a long time then it is called internal anger. Internal anger is not easy to deal with and it will only make you suffer.
Anger is not a bad thing, but if you don’t deal with it, it can turn into a bad thing.
Learn to control anger
Anger can be controlled when you understand what anger is. To control anger, you need to know its different types.
There are three different types of anger:
This is a quick and angry reaction to an event or a person.
This is a short-term anger and you can control this type of anger by yourself.
Cognitive anger is a prolonged anger and it is not easy to control it. It will make you get into depression.
So, you need to learn how to deal with anger.
Dealing with anger:
Anger management is one of the most important topics in life. People are losing their jobs due to anger. You can control anger by following some tips.
1. Learn to control your temper
First, you need to learn to control your temper. If you don’t control your temper, then you will start getting angry at everything.
2. Do something that will make you happy
If you are in a situation where you can’t control your temper, then you need to do something that will make you happy.
3. Accept your mistakes
If you get angry at your children, then you need to accept that you are not perfect and you are not going to be the perfect mom for them. You need to tell them that you are not perfect, but you are trying your best.
4. Avoid fighting with others
It is very important to avoid fighting with others as it will only lead to more anger. You need to solve the problem with your partner, but don’t get angry.
5. Be calm
It is very important to be calm and not get angry when you are discussing about any topic. If you become angry, then you will lose control and you will start saying things that you don’t mean.
Dr. Sanjeet Diwan, as one of the best psychiatrists in Bhopal, doesn’t deny the fact that anger is one of the most difficult emotions to deal with. It can make you lose control and it can lead to depression. There are certain things that you can do to control anger in a better way. So, let’s try to learn some new tricks.
- Latest Posts
- Link between Physical Exercise & Mental Health: An Insight from a Psychiatrist in Bhopal
- The Importance of Self-Care for Mental Health: An Insight from a Psychiatrist in Bhopal
- Addressing the Stigma Surrounding Mental Illness in Bhopal
- Choosing the Right Psychiatrist in Bhopal: A Guide for Patients
- Self Care for Mental Health: Tips and Techniques for Prioritizing Your Well-Being
- Top 6 Tips to Get Rid Of Drug Addiction
- How to Talk to Kids about Anxiety?
- How Can I Best Help My Child Manage His ADHD?
- How to Prevent Suicide in Your Teenage Child?
- How Exercise Affects Our Minds?
- 5 Damaging Myths about Personality Disorders
- What are Body-Focused Repetitive Behaviors?
- Top 8 Effective Ways to Overcome Body Image Issues
- 7 Behaviors That Might Point to Childhood Emotional Neglect
- How to Help Students Who Are Suffering from Mental Health Issues?
- 5 Easy Ways to Build a Positive Self-Esteem
- What Is the Relationship Between Sleeping and Sex?
- How to Make Monday Fun?
- 7 Signs Your Anxiety May Be More Serious Than You Think
- 8 Most Effective Ways to Prevent Suicide