Most of you must be familiar with the word “depression” and using it in your day-to-day life to express a bad mood, blues, or any bad period of your life. However, depression is more than that. It is a severe mental health illness with varied signs and symptoms, and needs medical care. Being a psychiatrist in Bhopal, we would like to inform you that there’s a huge difference between bad mood and depression. Bad mood fades away within a few days, but depression does not. It can last forever if left unaddressed and make a person unable to cope with his or her condition.
There are mainly three factors that cause depression – biological factor, psychological factor and social factor. It is critical to know what symptoms accompany this complex state of mental health in order to help someone who is suffering from it, and it is what we are mainly going to through light at in this post. So, without any further delay, let us get started:
1 – Isolation
Depression causes isolation. People undergoing depression part their ways from everything around them. They prefer to spend time alone or to be silent. They no longer take interest in the things that they used to. If you know someone with such behavior, convince them to seek depression treatment in Bhopal.
2 – Chronic fatigue
Depression makes a person feel tired most of the time without any obvious reasons. It causes fatigue, which is the initial sign that can help you identify depression in someone. This happens as the body of the depressed person starts spending spends a huge amount of energy on thought processes.
3 – Decreased or complete lack of motivation
Decreased or complete lack of motivation is common among people suffering from depression. They experience trouble in getting up from the bed in the morning. Their plans and goal no longer have any importance in their life. All sort of their desire remain no longer motivating factors.
4 – Changes in eating behavior
Taking a note of the eating behavior of the person you doubt to be depressed is another good way to make sure if he or she is in depression. There are two possibilities – a person with depression either experiences lack of appetite or an excess of it. Depression can also make a person yearn for specific food items, especially sweet, savory, or salty foods.
Now that we have disclosed the major signs and symptoms of depression in this post, you should be able to confidently identify depression in someone or yourself. If you note any of these signs and symptoms, do not panic. Simply see a psychiatrist and express your condition. Depression is treatable.
- Latest Posts
- Link between Physical Exercise & Mental Health: An Insight from a Psychiatrist in Bhopal
- The Importance of Self-Care for Mental Health: An Insight from a Psychiatrist in Bhopal
- Addressing the Stigma Surrounding Mental Illness in Bhopal
- Choosing the Right Psychiatrist in Bhopal: A Guide for Patients
- Self Care for Mental Health: Tips and Techniques for Prioritizing Your Well-Being
- Top 6 Tips to Get Rid Of Drug Addiction
- How to Talk to Kids about Anxiety?
- How Can I Best Help My Child Manage His ADHD?
- How to Prevent Suicide in Your Teenage Child?
- How Exercise Affects Our Minds?
- 5 Damaging Myths about Personality Disorders
- What are Body-Focused Repetitive Behaviors?
- Top 8 Effective Ways to Overcome Body Image Issues
- 7 Behaviors That Might Point to Childhood Emotional Neglect
- How to Help Students Who Are Suffering from Mental Health Issues?
- 5 Easy Ways to Build a Positive Self-Esteem
- What Is the Relationship Between Sleeping and Sex?
- How to Make Monday Fun?
- 7 Signs Your Anxiety May Be More Serious Than You Think
- 8 Most Effective Ways to Prevent Suicide