As we all know that personality disorders are the mental problems that have an effect on the emotional, psychological and social life. The person affected by it will lose his or her self-confidence and self-esteem.
Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental health condition where a person is always seeking admiration, recognition and appreciation. As the name suggests, it’s not just one type of personality, it’s a variety of disorders that have a particular pattern of behavior.
A person with NPD will have the following symptoms:
- He or she will feel that he or she is superior and the others are inferior.
- He or she will have a tendency to become very angry and easily irritated.
- He or she will feel that others are jealous of him or her.
- He or she will have a sense of entitlement.
- He or she will often expect special treatment.
- He or she will think that he or she is the most important person in the world.
- He or she will often have grandiose ideas about his or her abilities and talents.
According to the research, there are five different ways to get rid of the narcissistic personality disorder.
Psychotherapy is the most commonly used method to get rid of the narcissistic personality disorder. In this treatment, a professional therapist will work on the person, in order to understand the root causes of the disorder.
If the person is suffering from the narcissistic personality disorder, then medications are the most commonly used treatments.
3. Exposure and response prevention:
In this treatment, the person will be exposed to the things that are connected with the disorder. For example, if the person is obsessed with himself, then the therapist will expose the person to the mirror.
4. Dialectical Behavior Therapy:
DBT is a type of psychotherapy in which the person will learn to cope with his/her emotions. If a person is suffering from the narcissistic personality disorder, then the person will be taught how to handle the negative emotions.
5. Self-help groups:
Self-help groups are also very effective to get rid of the narcissistic personality disorder. In this method, the person will be in a group where they will be taught various methods to deal with the disorder.
If you think that you are a victim of the narcissistic personality disorder, then you should visit a psychiatrist in Bhopal and get yourself treated. This treatment will help you to overcome this disorder and will make your life beautiful.
- Latest Posts
- Link between Physical Exercise & Mental Health: An Insight from a Psychiatrist in Bhopal
- The Importance of Self-Care for Mental Health: An Insight from a Psychiatrist in Bhopal
- Addressing the Stigma Surrounding Mental Illness in Bhopal
- Choosing the Right Psychiatrist in Bhopal: A Guide for Patients
- Self Care for Mental Health: Tips and Techniques for Prioritizing Your Well-Being
- Top 6 Tips to Get Rid Of Drug Addiction
- How to Talk to Kids about Anxiety?
- How Can I Best Help My Child Manage His ADHD?
- How to Prevent Suicide in Your Teenage Child?
- How Exercise Affects Our Minds?
- 5 Damaging Myths about Personality Disorders
- What are Body-Focused Repetitive Behaviors?
- Top 8 Effective Ways to Overcome Body Image Issues
- 7 Behaviors That Might Point to Childhood Emotional Neglect
- How to Help Students Who Are Suffering from Mental Health Issues?
- 5 Easy Ways to Build a Positive Self-Esteem
- What Is the Relationship Between Sleeping and Sex?
- How to Make Monday Fun?
- 7 Signs Your Anxiety May Be More Serious Than You Think
- 8 Most Effective Ways to Prevent Suicide