A large part of the women out there, after a positive pregnancy test result, starts feeling anxious. They worry every second that something wrong may happen. The worry, to be more precise, the anxiety becomes so high that it starts affecting their regular life. Shouldn't pregnancy be a time of joy? If you are suffering from anxiety, this can be difficult. With the same in mind, we have come up with this blog post to introduce you to a couple of tips that can help you combat anxiety during pregnancy. So, without wasting any time, let us get started.
Anxiety during Pregnancy
Postpartum depression is something that most of you must be aware of. However, anxiety during pregnancy is little-known to the general population and an underrated psychological issue. Being a psychiatrist in Bhopal, we would like to state that anxiety affects one in every ten pregnant women out there.
Tips to Combat Anxiety during Pregnancy
Talk about it
In case of anxiety during pregnancy, it is crucial that you speak out about your condition with someone close to you, for example, your partner, a close friend, or a relative. Sharing your condition would make you feel much better. You can also ask your doctor to suggest to you a therapist specialized in anxiety treatment in Bhopal or to a place near your home.
Find a release
Endorphin is a hormone released by our body and it helps to tackle anxiety. To accelerate the production of endorphin, you need to get yourself engaged in something that gets you moving, and for the same, there can’t be anything better than walking, running, and yoga. As you are pregnant, you shouldn’t do anything that puts much pressure on your body. Just keep it simple. In a simple sentence, perform a moderate level of exercise, yoga, and walking. It would be better to speak to your doctor to find out the right physical activity for your condition.
It is important that you get enough sleep. While sleep may seem out of reach during pregnancy, prioritizing sleep can go a long way in relieving anxiety symptoms. Do you often wake up at night? Try to take a nap when you feel the need to.
Feeling anxious is very common for women during their pregnancy journey. With that said, we would also like to state that you are an individual. So what can help your friend may not ease your anxiety symptoms. Maintain open communication with the people close to you, opt for anxiety management methods and let your doctor know.
- Latest Posts
- Link between Physical Exercise & Mental Health: An Insight from a Psychiatrist in Bhopal
- The Importance of Self-Care for Mental Health: An Insight from a Psychiatrist in Bhopal
- Addressing the Stigma Surrounding Mental Illness in Bhopal
- Choosing the Right Psychiatrist in Bhopal: A Guide for Patients
- Self Care for Mental Health: Tips and Techniques for Prioritizing Your Well-Being
- Top 6 Tips to Get Rid Of Drug Addiction
- How to Talk to Kids about Anxiety?
- How Can I Best Help My Child Manage His ADHD?
- How to Prevent Suicide in Your Teenage Child?
- How Exercise Affects Our Minds?
- 5 Damaging Myths about Personality Disorders
- What are Body-Focused Repetitive Behaviors?
- Top 8 Effective Ways to Overcome Body Image Issues
- 7 Behaviors That Might Point to Childhood Emotional Neglect
- How to Help Students Who Are Suffering from Mental Health Issues?
- 5 Easy Ways to Build a Positive Self-Esteem
- What Is the Relationship Between Sleeping and Sex?
- How to Make Monday Fun?
- 7 Signs Your Anxiety May Be More Serious Than You Think
- 8 Most Effective Ways to Prevent Suicide