There is much advice being offered right now by these days regarding how to keep you physically healthy during the covid-19 pandemic days like washing hands thoroughly, maintaining social distancing, and so forth. Along with that managing mental wellbeing in the present scenario is also important to maintain overall wellbeing. If you aren’t active in taking care of your mind and sentiments during this time, you may observe a fall in your mental well-being. Readout what a Psychiatrist in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh says about staying mentally strong on these deadly days.
Why covid-19 can impact your mental wellbeing?
Numerous ways are there that covid-19 may take a toll on your mental wellbeing. Being familiar with the aspects that may affect health can help you in taking steps to battle against these issues.
Fear of catching the deadly virus and worrying regarding how to pay the bills are the reasons for stresses that can make it tough to work. You might have to deal with a range of issues from finding out childcare issues to finding out how to keep business floating. Also, you possibly may deal with many uncertainties. Many are unknown to viruses and your daily life may be speedily changing as regulations and suggestions continue rolling out about social contact.
2- Cabin fever-
Remaining inside for a long duration can cause you to feel restless. For some, it results in anxiety, and for others, it results in boredom. If left unaddressed, these can result in to fall in mental wellbeing.
3- Reduces physical activity-
Whether you walk normally to get on the train or have a job that involves a fair sum of physical labour, there is a good chance your present work condition mightn’t need you to move as you normally do. Many gyms have a shutdown to support social distancing. There are several chances to work out which may have one of your highly accessible coping skills.
Steps to consider managing mental wellbeing
1- Be active physically-
Research tells that physical activity is important for good wellbeing. Consider how to exercise rightly and slot in it to day-to-day life. You will find many workout programs to do at home to stay active. Many apps, videos, etc are there to help you doing exercise even if you don’t have any gear. Not much area is needed if you don’t have. You can work from your living room or bedroom.
2- Uphold social distancing-
When you can’t be physically around others, still you can remain close to them. You can use social media, post helpful comments, schedule regular video chats, join online forums, attend online temple/church/mosque, and send emails, and so forth.
You will find relief in connecting with the dearest ones during this period. And many ways are there to reach out and get connected.
3- Be choosy with the media consumption-
Well, it is important to stay informed; consuming constant content regarding covid-19 can keep you heightened. The media continually reports new cases of viruses and talks about death that can affect mental health. To stay healthy while managing media consumption you mustn’t keep the TV on new channels, follow individuals that inspire you on social platforms, be choosy with the content you consume.
Consider keeping all things in mind that is explained here and the psychiatry doctor in Bhopal asks all to do so you can have a better life in the present hard time.
- Latest Posts
- Link between Physical Exercise & Mental Health: An Insight from a Psychiatrist in Bhopal
- The Importance of Self-Care for Mental Health: An Insight from a Psychiatrist in Bhopal
- Addressing the Stigma Surrounding Mental Illness in Bhopal
- Choosing the Right Psychiatrist in Bhopal: A Guide for Patients
- Self Care for Mental Health: Tips and Techniques for Prioritizing Your Well-Being
- Top 6 Tips to Get Rid Of Drug Addiction
- How to Talk to Kids about Anxiety?
- How Can I Best Help My Child Manage His ADHD?
- How to Prevent Suicide in Your Teenage Child?
- How Exercise Affects Our Minds?
- 5 Damaging Myths about Personality Disorders
- What are Body-Focused Repetitive Behaviors?
- Top 8 Effective Ways to Overcome Body Image Issues
- 7 Behaviors That Might Point to Childhood Emotional Neglect
- How to Help Students Who Are Suffering from Mental Health Issues?
- 5 Easy Ways to Build a Positive Self-Esteem
- What Is the Relationship Between Sleeping and Sex?
- How to Make Monday Fun?
- 7 Signs Your Anxiety May Be More Serious Than You Think
- 8 Most Effective Ways to Prevent Suicide