Emotional abuse is one of the worst forms of abuse, and the person who does this is not just a bad person, he/she is a psychopath. A psychopath is a person who is not normal and is unable to control his emotions.
What is emotional abuse?
Emotional abuse is the act of manipulating another person emotionally through any means. Some people may try to manipulate you by making you feel guilty for something that you haven’t done. They may try to manipulate you by being jealous of you. They may try to make you feel insecure and worthless.
How is it different from physical abuse?
Emotional abuse and physical abuse are similar, but there is one major difference between the two. Physical abuse is when the abuser hits or harms the victim physically. Emotional abuse is when the abuser tries to control the victim emotionally.
The most common form of emotional abuse is manipulation. The abuser tries to make you feel guilty, jealous, or inferior by showing you how much better you are than the other person. He or she may try to make you feel guilty, insecure, and worthless.
Types of Emotional Abuse
Psychological abuse is the type of abuse that is used to make the victim feel sad, depressed or powerless. This form of abuse can be seen in both the genders. It can be done in a subtle way or in a more aggressive manner. The person who is trying to make you feel low can use words, gestures, or even by hitting you.
Emotional neglect is the most common form of emotional abuse. Emotional neglect is a behavior that is used to keep the victim from expressing his or her emotions. This is one of the most difficult forms of abuse because the victim feels that they are not worth anything. They feel that they are not loved and that nobody cares for them.
Emotional blackmail is another type of emotional abuse. It is the situation when someone is trying to control your thoughts, your actions, or your feelings. The person who is trying to control you is the one who is emotionally abusive.
In conclusion, we have discussed the different types of emotional abuse. If you are getting emotionally abused, then it is better to leave a situation that is causing you harm. You will be able to come out of this situation if you try to talk to your parents or someone who is close to you. Taking to a professional mental health counselor in Bhopal may also help.
- Latest Posts
- Link between Physical Exercise & Mental Health: An Insight from a Psychiatrist in Bhopal
- The Importance of Self-Care for Mental Health: An Insight from a Psychiatrist in Bhopal
- Addressing the Stigma Surrounding Mental Illness in Bhopal
- Choosing the Right Psychiatrist in Bhopal: A Guide for Patients
- Self Care for Mental Health: Tips and Techniques for Prioritizing Your Well-Being
- Top 6 Tips to Get Rid Of Drug Addiction
- How to Talk to Kids about Anxiety?
- How Can I Best Help My Child Manage His ADHD?
- How to Prevent Suicide in Your Teenage Child?
- How Exercise Affects Our Minds?
- 5 Damaging Myths about Personality Disorders
- What are Body-Focused Repetitive Behaviors?
- Top 8 Effective Ways to Overcome Body Image Issues
- 7 Behaviors That Might Point to Childhood Emotional Neglect
- How to Help Students Who Are Suffering from Mental Health Issues?
- 5 Easy Ways to Build a Positive Self-Esteem
- What Is the Relationship Between Sleeping and Sex?
- How to Make Monday Fun?
- 7 Signs Your Anxiety May Be More Serious Than You Think
- 8 Most Effective Ways to Prevent Suicide