Depression can affect anyone at any age, and no one should have to suffer from it alone. Here are eight ways depression can harm your health.
1. It can cause weight gain.
Depression can lead to cravings for sugar and carbohydrates, which can lead to an increase in the amount of fat in your body.
2. It can cause insomnia.
While lack of sleep is a common symptom of depression, insomnia can also cause problems with weight gain and mood swings.
3. It can make you more likely to injure yourself.
When you are feeling depressed, you may feel like you can’t be around other people, or that you are not worth taking care of. This can lead to accidents, such as hurting yourself.
4. It can lead to poor eating habits.
Depression can make you feel out of control and lead you to overeat or skip meals.
5. It can make you more likely to become sick.
Depression can lead to stress and anxiety, which can make you more likely to catch a cold or get flu. You may also have problems sleeping, which can leave you more susceptible to other illnesses.
6. It can cause high blood pressure.
When you are feeling depressed, you may not be able to sleep properly and this can lead to heart issues. This can also be a symptom of depression in children.
7. It can make you more likely to catch a virus.
A depressed mood can leave you more vulnerable to catching a cold, so you may want to stay in bed and rest. This can also make you more likely to catch a virus.
8. It can increase your risk for heart disease.
Depression is a risk factor for heart disease, so you should take care of yourself and look out for signs of depression. If you have been feeling down recently, it’s a good idea to see a doctor to get checked out.
There are many resources available for those who need help in managing their depression. The first step in managing your depression is to be aware that you may have a problem. If you have been diagnosed with depression, then you probably know how difficult it is to manage your symptoms.
- Latest Posts
- Link between Physical Exercise & Mental Health: An Insight from a Psychiatrist in Bhopal
- The Importance of Self-Care for Mental Health: An Insight from a Psychiatrist in Bhopal
- Addressing the Stigma Surrounding Mental Illness in Bhopal
- Choosing the Right Psychiatrist in Bhopal: A Guide for Patients
- Self Care for Mental Health: Tips and Techniques for Prioritizing Your Well-Being
- Top 6 Tips to Get Rid Of Drug Addiction
- How to Talk to Kids about Anxiety?
- How Can I Best Help My Child Manage His ADHD?
- How to Prevent Suicide in Your Teenage Child?
- How Exercise Affects Our Minds?
- 5 Damaging Myths about Personality Disorders
- What are Body-Focused Repetitive Behaviors?
- Top 8 Effective Ways to Overcome Body Image Issues
- 7 Behaviors That Might Point to Childhood Emotional Neglect
- How to Help Students Who Are Suffering from Mental Health Issues?
- 5 Easy Ways to Build a Positive Self-Esteem
- What Is the Relationship Between Sleeping and Sex?
- How to Make Monday Fun?
- 7 Signs Your Anxiety May Be More Serious Than You Think
- 8 Most Effective Ways to Prevent Suicide