Anger is the most common emotion, especially when people lose something or somebody important. Sometimes you get angry because of the situation that you’re in, but if the situation is not in your control then you will get angry with yourself.
We are human beings, and we get angry sometimes. However, sometimes the anger takes control of us and we don’t know what to do. We become violent, aggressive and just lose control over our emotions.
Anger is a normal emotion. We all feel it. But it is not good when it becomes uncontrollable and takes over us.
It’s very hard to control anger and at times it can get out of hand and we don’t know what to do. We tend to lose control and become violent.
If you are the one who feels that you can’t control your anger and you feel that your anger is taking over you, then here are five things that you can do the minute you are overwhelmed with anger.
1) Take deep breaths
Taking deep breaths will calm you down and you will feel relaxed. You can count to ten and breathe in and out slowly.
2) Focus on something
If you are angry at someone, then focus on the person you are angry at. Keep the eyes away from the face of that person. Look at the wall, the ceiling or the floor.
3) Try to relax
Try to take a break and relax. Sit down and close your eyes and think of something that makes you feel relaxed.
4) Write down your thoughts
Write down your thoughts and write down your feelings. It will help you to understand yourself better and you will get a clearer picture of your emotions.
5) Talk to someone
Talk to someone or share your feelings with a friend or a family member. Talking to someone will help you to understand your situation better and you will get some advice.
6) Go for a walk
Walking is a great way to clear your mind. You will lose all your thoughts and will feel relaxed. You will be able to focus on your task.
Don’t let anger control you. Take some time out and try to understand the situation. You will get the best result when you talk to your friends, family or the person you are angry with. If these tips don't help, feel free to get in touch with Dr. Sanjeet Diwan.
- Latest Posts
- Link between Physical Exercise & Mental Health: An Insight from a Psychiatrist in Bhopal
- The Importance of Self-Care for Mental Health: An Insight from a Psychiatrist in Bhopal
- Addressing the Stigma Surrounding Mental Illness in Bhopal
- Choosing the Right Psychiatrist in Bhopal: A Guide for Patients
- Self Care for Mental Health: Tips and Techniques for Prioritizing Your Well-Being
- Top 6 Tips to Get Rid Of Drug Addiction
- How to Talk to Kids about Anxiety?
- How Can I Best Help My Child Manage His ADHD?
- How to Prevent Suicide in Your Teenage Child?
- How Exercise Affects Our Minds?
- 5 Damaging Myths about Personality Disorders
- What are Body-Focused Repetitive Behaviors?
- Top 8 Effective Ways to Overcome Body Image Issues
- 7 Behaviors That Might Point to Childhood Emotional Neglect
- How to Help Students Who Are Suffering from Mental Health Issues?
- 5 Easy Ways to Build a Positive Self-Esteem
- What Is the Relationship Between Sleeping and Sex?
- How to Make Monday Fun?
- 7 Signs Your Anxiety May Be More Serious Than You Think
- 8 Most Effective Ways to Prevent Suicide